- We had a difficult time identifying user issues that should be fixed in the product.
- Multiple reports had to be reconciled to determine what the issues were and the severity of the issues.
- We couldn't get a holistic view of the issues.
Issue Identification Process
- Combine 5 reports into one.
Combining Reports Allowed Us To
- Understand the total number of users who experience an issue.
- Take action on the issues in the report.
- Clearly see the effect that posting a given write-up has on volume.
- Identify trends in volume.
- Identify high-volume issues that need to be fixed.
How I Got to One Report
- Conducted a card sort with support agents to get accurate categorizations.
- Tied knowledgebase articles to the categories agents use.
- Developed a plan for ongoing maintenance of categories as new issues arise.
- Increased accuracy of support data.
- Better understanding of exactly what issues users experience.
- Improvements to the product.
- Also helps QA troubleshoot technical issues.