City Year Redesign
- The site was confusing and overwhelming for users.
- Users didn't know where to start or where to go for specific information.
- Subsites, such as the Application and Donation processes were confusing, as well, and buried within the main site.
- Revised information architecture to match card sort results.
- Standardized page layouts.
- Reworked subsites and processes to clarify purpose and process.
- Reorganized application process into logical groupings to make it clear what needs to be done and in what order it will be done.
- Made it clear that the user is in the application by taking away the site navigation.
Summative usability study confirmed an improved experience.